Tuesday, September 7, 2010

...and so here we go, bluebird.

New music makes me the happiest person. When I listen to a new album, it's an intense thing. You'd be uncomfortable and bored if you joined me. Kind of like watching your grandma poop. (Too much? I'm sorry.)
Basically, I sit with a beverage, open the digital booklet, and play the entire thing from start to finish, reading the lyrics as I listen in total concentration. Then, I play it again and just listen. And then one more time as a background to other activities so as to measure the motivation it gives me to be a productive citizen. For example, in listening to Sara Bareilles' new album in my apartment today, I found myself actually considering folding the clean laundry that's been sitting on my couch for 3 days. Then, I drank more wine.

In other news, I had the quintessential sucky rain experience today. It started with a wet car seat. I have no idea how this seat became wet. Sometimes my car decides to allow water inside. You mean yours doesn't? So, of course, I see water, and still, proceed to sit on water. Thus, creating the ever-so-comfortable "swamp-ass" effect. Undoubtedly, on the day I get the butt of my gray dress wet, I'm starving and out of food so I must venture to the grocery store. That was fine. Except for the awkward way I always put entirely too much into the cute little shopping basket. I consistently choose to carry those regardless of how much I might get, because they're way more glamorous than pushing around what will most definitely be the loudest, crappiest buggy in the store. However, it never fails that I put so much into the little basket that I no longer look cute, but instead, like a total dork struggling to carry the over-stocked grocery basket with two hands. Today I actually had to stop and pick things up that were falling out of it while also carrying other miscellaneous items in my armpit region. (I hope you're enjoying the accurate visual of the wet assed girl picking Lean Cuisines up off the ground.) I obviously lose and will never meet my husband at a grocery store. Unless he's into retards.
I digress.
After I get my groceries bagged (in paper, of course, because it's hip to be green), I head to the door and realize it's pouring steadily. I make a run for it with my hands full. Duh. I insert Toms into the gigantic puddle resembling the parking lot and splash around a bit. Paper bag begins to tear. I stop to catch it and get rained on for a solid amount of time. I kick more water, make it to my car, and throw bags inside. One spills. It's cool. This just means I can more conveniently reach the grapes and eat them on the drive home.
In situations like this, I wish I were the onlooker and not the victim. But such is usually my life and I've gotten used to it. Follow me around and 9 times out of 10 you'll witness something embarrassing or stupid. You'll probably also get lost.

I have crap to look forward to, y'all.
1. I take my first ever ballet class on Monday, September 13th. This could be the greatest idea I've ever had, or a complete disaster. You will be informed. Either way, I'm psyched.
2. I'm going to see a cute boy with a cute boy (and a cute couple) on October 2. Daniel Tosh is incredibly offensive, but I can't help myself. I will laugh and feel guilty for doing so all at the same time.
3. I have literally been waiting 6 years to attend the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Six years being the amount of time I spent as a poor college kid, as opposed to a not-as-poor teacher. Jess and I had tickets one year and had to bail because hurricane Rita came to town and the roads were insane with evacuees. Now, 5 years later, I have a 3-day pass to what I assume will be the greatest weekend of my life. Not to mention, I'll be with some super cool girls. AND in the ATX. These things are excellent. Hurry, October 8th.
4. I'm going to freaking Alaska November 18-22. (I used declarative punctuation in what should be an exclamatory statement simply because exclamation points can be cheesy, and the last thing I need is a cheesy blog.) My sweet friend, Leslie, has been living there for a year now and I think it's about time I visit. She moved there because she felt like it. She's basically my hero. It'll be really cold. I have to go shopping. We have fun together. This is really a win win win. (Not to be confused with go, fight, win.)
5. I'm going to go ahead and say autumn is here. The weather doesn't quite reflect this yet, but it's in my heart. And because Starbucks is the ruler of all and they've brought back the pumpkin spice latte, I'd say move over, summer. Autumn in the house. Booya. (I don't know why I went there either.)
6. The knitting needles are out. First project: a blanket large enough to cover a small child. I'll post progress because I know things like that are of high-interest to the blogging community.

Alrighty...I'm off to reconsider the laundry thing. But instead I think I'll charge my iPod. Priorities. It's about that time of year to bust out my running shoes. I'm pretty awesome at talking myself out of it when I don't have my iPod so really I'm being proactive. I actually think running without music is impossible. Kind of like mornings without coffee. Simply pointless. I'm out :)

peace, love, and donut holes.

2 comments:

  1. coby, good post! I love reading your writing! It's so fun and so you! You have to let me know how ballet goes, I'm anxious to hear. Also, I really wished a could have witnessed your shopping trip...though I would have been laughing at "the wet assed girl picking up Lean Cuisines"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coby! I took ballet last year. It was ridiculous, but so fun. Good for the inner thighs. We even had a recital!

    ReplyDelete