Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tootsday

I want to ride in a bobsled. A lot. That's really all you need to know about my thoughts on the Olympics. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to making out with Shaun White if given the opportunity. And I think that I'd punch my son if he wanted to be a figure skater. I've never punched a person, but I feel like this would be an acceptable punch moment. It's harsh, but I at least need him to feel manly for a second. And then, I guess I'd let him do what he wants. I'm only kidding. No, but seriously.
Ok, those are my Olympic thoughts.

If you're ever needing a pick-me-up, listen to Yahoo Radio's Big Hits of the 90's station. The first song that came on was "Jump, Jump" by the young backward pants wearing sensations, Kriss Kross. I would have gotten up and "jump, jump"ed for joy had there not been maintenance men replacing the florescent lights in my classroom. I wondered as my station played if they were jamming and enjoying my tunes as well. I think the 90s are something everyone can agree on. If you disagree, you're dumb. :)
You know what else I like? Old country music. Even Dwight Yoakum. You heard me.

I got sick again. Now it's sinus pressure that I fear will pop my eyeballs out of my head. You like that visual? It's stoops. That means "stupid". I got this from my cute little Alaskan friend. I miss her.
Although sick, I spent an amazing weekend with some amazing senior girls and adults from church at an amazing event called Breaking Free. God did amazing things :) Ask me about it.

Below you will find some verses that fight off the cold and icky. I put their theme in bold, because that's what a good language arts teacher would do. I have been considering these verses lately, and will hopefully post something on that soon. In the meantime, I hope they make you warm and fuzzy. I gotta jet. Idol's on :)

"And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness."--Genesis 1:2-4

"You are my lamp, O LORD;
the LORD turns my darkness into light."--2 Samuel 22:29

"Arise, shine, for your light has come..."--Isaiah 60:1

"The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory."--Isaiah 60:19

"He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him."--Daniel 2:22

"Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light."--Micah 7:8

"It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime—a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light."--Zechariah 14:7

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."--Matthew 5:16

"The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world."--John 1:9

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light".--Ephesians 5:8

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."--1 John 1:5

"There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever."--Revelation 22:5

No comments:

Post a Comment