I have a few more not-quite-as-deep-and-serious new year's resolutions. They include:
1. Create the ultimate iPod. I am a self-proclaimed music snob. I have music on my iPod that I love, but no one else ever wants me in on the iPod rotation on road trips. That will all change this year. I am going to work ever-so-diligently to compile the greatest mix ever. I won't limit myself to the indie stuff that I can't listen to on the radio. No, if it's a good song, or even a lame song that makes me want to sing and dance, it shall be mine. I'll dig into the past, and I will cross genres. Me and my iPod will be the life of every dance party. It will be rad.
2. I want to be my grandma. I saw this book at Barnes & Noble the other night called "How to Sew on a Button". It's basically all the stuff your grandma knows how to do. I'm going to buy it, and I'm going to domesticate myself to the extreme.
3. I am going to begin acquiring more girly things. This includes dresses, and accessories. I'm talking earrings that dangle, and shoes with heels. Maybe even some boots. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
4. I am going to learn how to take freakin' sweet pictures. A friend recently gave me a pretty nice camera. It isn't digital, but I love it already. Every picture counts. It's fun. Here are some:
I'm going to carry it with me to most places, even though film costs serious moolah, and I look like a tourist.
5. I'm not going to take myself too seriously. Or anything for that matter.