Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Taco Bell Drive-Thru Diet

I love Taco Bell. I don't eat fast food, but when I do, it's Taco Bell. Particularly the Fresca Chicken Burrito Supreme. Talk about yum. This has nothing to do with anything else I'm going to write about. My belly and I just simply wanted to share this love with you.

So, the other night I was driving home from work and listening to the radio. It was one of those freaking sweet moments when every song is my favorite song. Like seriously. I was fist pumping and smiling and could have jumped out of my seat. I was crunk. First, it was "Your Hands" by JJ Heller. Then, it was "City on Our Knees" by Toby Mac. THEN, it was "How He Loves Us" by David Crowder. And THEN...a song came on by Aaron Shust called "My Savior, My God". Have you heard this song? Well, the whole thing rocks my socks, but there is one particular lyric that has been stuck in my head since Monday. "That He who lives to be my King, once died to be my Savior". I keep saying it over and over. What an amazing, humbling, noble, incredible, indescribable, invaluable, ultimate, beautiful thing. I mean, seriously. It would be enough that this God gives me life, guides my every moment, takes care of my needs, plans my future, and loves me more than anything in this world and beyond. But He gave His life for me! This King. An almighty and powerful King and Ruler of the universe died in my place. He left His place on high and saved me. He did this before I knew Him. He stays with me now even though He knows me. I'm so lucky. We're all really lucky. Thank you, Jesus. :)

1 comment:

  1. "If I'm worth dying for, yes this God's worth living for" :)

    stace

    ReplyDelete