Saturday, January 2, 2010

"you know who said that? Jesus."

A new year has arrived! It really is amazing how motivating that is for so many people. Including myself. I feel challenged and excited. Before I get into what's up with it lately, let's talk about how amazing teacher holidays are. Um...the ultimate. Ok, that's all I have to say about that.
So my break was the bomb. I spent half of it at home with my babies. Talking about them makes my heart want to explode. They are so sweet and funny, and I am so excited to watch them grow. I've started talking to Brooklyn about Jesus. He's in her heart, for sure.
I spent probably one of my favorite days visiting a couple of friends in Victoria and San Antonio. I love driving with good music, and good conversations with sweet friends.
Now, I'm nearing the end of this break, and have much to think about before school starts back up Monday. I keep having dreams that when we get back the students are super rude, and don't listen to a word I say. Great.
So, I think the first blog of a new year has to involve resolutions. I definitely have some. I have mixed emotions on resolutions, because I would rather be this determined all year long, and not have to make a spectacle of it. However, years ago, I resolved to give up soda, and I now maaaybe drink 3 a year. I don't even like them much. So resolve, I shall...in honor of Sprite.

1. Daily time with Jesus scheduled into my day. Not just the drifting off to sleep prayer, but the for real, purposeful, studying the Word time. If I can alter my schedule around my handful of TV shows, I'm pretty sure I can do the same for Jesus. Geez, Coby.
2. Learning about, studying, and applying Scripture.
3. My time and energies concentrated on serving Him. My best for His glory. I want to volunteer, and serve strangers. I want to have relationships with kids. I want to be active.
4. Time management, organization, and preparation. Basically, I need to stop acting like I'm an experienced teacher. I wing it too much. This is my first year, and I need to learn how to develop solid lesson plans. Not to mention, I don't want my class to suck.
5. Financial responsibility. I want to be a good steward with what God gives me. I need to budget and save. I need to make tithing my priority and trust the Lord with what is His anyway.
6. Confidence in what I stand for, and who I am.
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn,
her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your righteousness,
and all kings your glory...
Isaiah 62:1-2
7. An open heart that belongs to the Lord. Being single and pushing 25 has its pressures. Especially when friends are getting married, and I really dig Jane Austen. I want to remember that I have the opportunity to give all of my heart to Christ, and truly getting to know Him right now. At the same time, I can get to know myself, and allow Him to mold me into the wife and mother he'll someday call me to be.
8. A healthy lifestyle that schedules exercise into my routine. I want to find a place to run, and fall in love with it again.
9. An ear that listens more and a mouth that speaks less.
10. Truly love my friends and family, and give myself to relationships.
11. Read more books, listen to more music.

So, there you have it. Maybe, I should add blogging to my resolutions so that I can keep you updated on progress made. But eh, I'll keep it real :)

No comments:

Post a Comment