Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kellogg's Special K

Ok, I write to you as I do what I do: eat cereal out of a box. I call my Mac the "Dirty Mac" (said to the tune of "Dirty Pop"), because usually I eat some cereal (or whatever I'm snacking on at the moment...and trust me, there is always a snack), then I type what I'm working on or click on stuff. Therefore, my Mac is dirty and sometimes even sticky. This is gross to you, and I understand that. However, it's my Mac and not yours, so I can do what I want. :) I will publicly apologize to my roommate, though, for "my chair" and the tiny pieces of cereal that are always on it. That IS gross, and I will do better.

I don't have much to tell you guys. The coolest/most disgusting/interesting thing that has happened to me lately is a stomach virus I received from my [sorta] sweet little niece on Saturday. I haven't been sick like that since I was 5. Seriously. Before I tell you all about it, is it too ridiculously sad that this is all I have to blog about? Rhetorical. Don't answer that.
Anyway...
Out of auntie love, I did my best to rush Brooklyn to the toilet and clean up puke after each of her vomit episodes on Saturday. In doing so, I drove home Sunday afternoon with a nausea that I can't explain. I tried to tough it out (because I'm tough, duh), but when I arrived at Starbucks to meet some friends, I realized that I either needed to get home, or risk making a nasty spectacle of myself in public. So I did (come home). And then I did (puke). More than once (4 times). My lovely roommate and her obedient boyfriend were SO great in helping me to feel better with saltines, 7-Up (yours), and strawberry Jello. I'm not sure I would have survived without them. Sooo in all of that, I decided to find a sub for Monday and miss school unexpectedly for the first time this year. I slept a LOT, and had a headache from dehydration the entire Monday. It was poopy. Then I came back to school Tuesday still hazy and super unprepared. Those kids can sense crap like that, I swear. It was a wasted day, but I made it, and tomorrow is Friday. It turns out that the previously mentioned virus is super contagious, and my entire family ended up with it. I hope you didn't get it from reading about it. The End.
Great story, I know. I also just made myself sound disgusting. I promise I'm a lady...mostly.

Speaking of ladies. Girls...do something nice for yourself and enjoy Song of Songs 2:10-13. Oh. My. Gosh.

My lover spoke and said to me,
"Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, and come with me.

See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.

Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.

The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."

So, after an entire blog about my eating habits and puking, I mean, I just don't get why I'm still single. Seriously. But after THAT...who the heck needs a boyfriend? I've got Jesus.

Later, guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment