Monday, July 12, 2010

Another List

As inspired by my 25th birthday and a recent photo album I viewed on Facebook (thank you, Penny Lueders, for your Hershey's pictures :) ) I have been considering my bucket list. What do I want to do before I die? I'm sure this list won't ever be exhaustive, but I have come up with a few things thus far.

1. Obviously, my muse: visit the Hershey's factory.
2. Travel through a significant amount of Europe. Spain, Portugal, France, Ireland, Italy, and England over and over again.
3. Write a book. Most likely a children's book. I might be able to generate enough pages for a short story. We'll see.
4. Own and operate a coffee shop/bakery...perhaps even a B&B.
5. Play the tambourine and sing back up vocals for a band.
6. Take a ballet class.
7. Improve my piano skills for the sole purpose of playing at church when I'm old.
8. Renovate an old house. Preferably a house with wood flooring, arched doorways and a white picket fence.
9. Plant a garden that grows all of the produce I need for cooking.
10. Make babies.
11. Spend a summer teaching or talking about Jesus in another country.
12. Buy a freaking huge and expensive camera.
13. Learn to play a video game like Halo or Modern Warfare.
14. Read the classics. All the Hemingway, Faulkner, Poe, Thoreau, Tolstoy, Dumas etc. I can stand.
15. Complete a crossword puzzle from the NY Times without cheating.
16. Eat a hot dog at Wrigley Field.
17. Learn about wine. Not so much that I'm obnoxious, but enough.
18. Surf.
19. Speak a sexy amount of French.
20. Experience a rap concert.

Ok...20 is a good, solid, round number to end on. Hopefully I'll add to this as I mark things off. I'm a quarter of a century old now. I should probably get started. Tomorrow, I'll begin reading The Count of Monte Cristo as my official bucket list kick-off. I just realized that none of my items are dangerous or risky. I think I lack adventure. Therefore, I'll add another.
21. Hike through Costa Rica or climb a mountain OR go white water rafting. Or all three.
Ok, that's the list. 21 is better than 20. A winning hand adds up to 21 in black jack, you have to be 21 to buy alcohol, and 50 Cent had 21 questions. I like 21. What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment